The purpose of the event is to share experiences in the management of radioactive waste, with the aim of increasing the visibility of progress, good practice and effective solutions.
Considerable progress continues to be made worldwide in the management of radioactive waste. Effective solutions are either available or are in an advanced stage of development for the full range of radioactive waste management activities. Even more progress can be foreseen in the near- and medium-term futures.
The main objective of the Conference is to foster information exchange on current progress and solutions in the area of radioactive waste management. It is only through the effective, safe and secure implementation of radioactive waste management solutions that Member States can continue to benefit from nuclear technologies and nuclear energy production and, therefore, progress towards achieving a sustainable future.
Format and Topics:
- Radioactive Waste Management – National Programmatic Perspectives
- Radioactive Waste Management –Implementation of Waste Management Strategies
- Solutions for Specific Wastes
- Role of the Safety Case Development in Supporting Radioactive Waste Management
- Socio-Economic Aspects of Radioactive Waste Management Programmes
- Integrated Waste Management
- Multinational Cooperation in Radioactive Waste Management
More information here